Leggat Auto Group's Multi-year Accessibility Policy & Plan
The 2014-21 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that Leggat Auto Group will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Leggat Auto Group is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Leggat Auto Group is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Leggat Auto Group will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members. Leggat Auto Group will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015.
- IASR requirements that apply to Leggat Auto Group.
- What employees need to understand and have to do about disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Information and Communications
Leggat Auto Group is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Leggat Auto Group will take the following steps to ensure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016:
- Make the public aware that we will make information accessible upon request.
- Consult with people who request accessible information to learn how to meet their needs.
Leggat Auto Group will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
Leggat Auto Group is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We have taken the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Leggat Auto Group will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- Make job applicants aware that we will accommodate disabilities during our selection process.
- Consult with job applicants who request accommodations and make adjustments that best suit their needs.
- Notify successful applicants of our policies and procedures for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Leggat Auto Group will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability:
- Develop individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- Outline steps we will take to help employees return to work when they have been absent because of a disability.
Design of Public Spaces
Leggat Auto Group will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces. Relevant public spaces include sales and service related elements, like service counters and waiting areas. In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available.
For more information, questions, or concerns regarding accessibility at Leggat Auto Group or to request communication in an accessible format, please contact Leggat Auto Group Human Resources Department.